Most cost effective blanks?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what would be the chances of getting 1 inch thick wood Richard, useful for my hobby..

Richard Findley":gvqaflon said:
Hi Nev

Finally had a chance to look into this. Here is an example of one board I have in stock. You tell me if it is good value:

American Ash- 6ft long, 11" wide and 2" thick -£45
Carriage - £15

Total £60

So if you just wanted bowl blanks they'd work out at £10 each and it looks like really nice timber.

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers

Richard

i was in the position of having the best of both worlds. Up the road from me I had Glenn Lucas who would have a clearance sale of stock which he would not use for his customers which was perfect except for maybe a small knot or some silica which might show up. Blanks were perfect and would be kiln dryed,

Four or five miles was the saw mills where Glenn bought some of his timber .I used to go there and serch around and find some planked stuff way bach in the sheds which might be there for years and would be reasonable dry which I would buy and cut my own blanks.

I think what Richard is offering is a brillent idea and is very good value. Jump at it. I found it easier to store planks in a small workshop as a piece that would contain 4/5/6 blanks hardly took up any room when stood in a corner.

Back