Mortiser or Domino

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would have been a much better solution but our 106mm AUK router would be too heavy and big for the Pantorouter, I understand the air cooled CNC spindles are also too heavy.

Cheers

Peter

To me, this feels like a big drawback for a relatively expensive machine.

The Pantorouter's functionality and flexibility looks great, but if the design/build-strength can't take a more powerful router than a 1000W 1/4" collet Mafell then that's really limiting it's potential, in my humble opinion.

To me, this feels like a big drawback for a relatively expensive machine.

The Pantorouter's functionality and flexibility looks great, but if the design/build-strength can't take a more powerful router than a 1000W 1/4" collet Mafell then that's really limiting it's potential, in my humble opinion.

Sorry the issue is the lack of available motors in the UK, we used to be able to get the AEG and Draper but they disappeared from the market 4 or 5 years ago.

We use the Mafell with up to 8mm collets our new 1500w AUK will have ER20 up to 1/2" shank filling a gap in the market for a range of applications including the Pantorouter. Other motors with 43mm collars to fit our Pantorouter are available but very expensive including the AMB and Suhner, I have tested these spindles but don't feel the market would pay the price tag.

Cheers

Peter

Sorry the issue is the lack of available motors in the UK, we used to be able to get the AEG and Draper but they disappeared from the market 4 or 5 years ago.

We use the Mafell with up to 8mm collets our new 1500w AUK will have ER20 up to 1/2" shank filling a gap in the market for a range of applications including the Pantorouter. Other motors with 43mm collars to fit our Pantorouter are available but very expensive including the AMB and Suhner, I have tested these spindles but don't feel the market would pay the price tag.

Cheers

Peter

1500w and 1/2" shank sounds great Peter !

Will definitley take a look at that when it's available.

Thank you.

The rights to produce AEG-branded power tools have recently been licensed to Techtronic Industries, a Hong Kong based company who also manufacture Milwaukee and Ryobi power tools. AEG tools are branded as Ridgid in America.
Actually TTI took over the power tool interests of Atlas-Copco when they pulled out of the electric tool market as long ago as 2004. They already owned Ryobi, bit the A-C sale gave them AEG power tools (which was bought in 1991), Kango (bought in 1994) and Milwaukee (bought in 1995, although AEG P-T had been designing and making power tools for them since the early 1980s, especially their cordless tools). Since 2004 some Ryobi corded tools have appeared as AEGs whilst AEG has continued to design and develop (and in some cases manufacture) both cordless and corded tools for Milwaukee. So boycotting AEG white goods probably won't do much - other than improving the balance of payments, that is :unsure:

I went to visit a few factories including this one that was making for Ryobi among other well known brands.
IMG_1943.jpeg

I don't think the 1000w motor powers is the limiting factor. its the 8mm cutters. even 1/2 in is struggling beyond 30mm or so. I often do 50mm m and t and it's not plain sailing even with 2000w and 1/2 in

Back