Mortice and Tenon jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caroleb

Established Member
Reaction score
I own a Trend M + T jig, which has been used once, and was looking for some accessories. Found this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jig-Making-fo ... 1e8a37ad76

Ridiculous, but it did make me wonder whether or not one could easily be made - it seems a relatively easy project if you had a way to control the router. This led me to wonder about the use of my routers fence rods in some sort of assembly, similar to the way Elu utilise their routers fence rods in their little router table. A slightly longer rod would help make this easier. Does anyone here have any ideas where I could get some longer fence rods? I am guessing someone here must have done this before?

I have also looked on ebay for another fence for my Elu's; one that I could rape for spares. The fence assembly itself could be fitted statically to the jig to allow the router to slide on the rods and cut the tenon, which could be clamped a la Trend M + T jig.

Has anyone beside Matthias tried anything like this? Most google results seem to use a bush in a slot type assembly. I thought maybe my way might be more flexible? I am going to have a go - just wondered if I could benefit from anyones experience before I start?

Thanks folks

Caz

I will post details of rods I have used in the past. Ex shop fitting. Will post again when I next visit my workshop.

Brian

The rods I have (chrome/stainless steel) are 500mm long and 8mm dia.

I have maybe 6. if anyone wants then and will pay carriage (MyHermes - approx £6.00) I will happily send them out.

Back