Morrells paint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boothen man

Reaction score
Hi all is it possible to brush or roller morrells water based paint without it bubbling up
Thanks

Yes it is, use a 4" foam roller (concave ended ones are the best) and then lightly back roll with just the weight of the roller on it to pop any bubbles. See Gosforth handyman video on how to paint MDF for the technique.

Also warm your paint in a bucket of hot water before applying, this will reduce the viscosity allowing it to flow out better.

I think its just a problem with using a roller. I presume the OP is referring to air bubbles being left behind by the roller.
This always happens when using a foam roller, you just have to "tip off" - check Tips from a Shipwright videos about painting / varnishing timber work on boats for a really good how to.

However if the OP is referring to bubbles forming in the finished paint after curing then this would be an issue with the substrate or the primer rather than the paint. Bubbles can be formed under curing paint films for a number of different reasons, eg when painting over sappy pine or when painting dark colours exposed to strong sunlight.

will1983":35z3zqep said:
I think its just a problem with using a roller. I presume the OP is referring to air bubbles being left behind by the roller.
This always happens when using a foam roller...
I haven't at all experienced this problem always, more the opposite really.

I recently finished a batch of shelves for the house in two different brands of WB paints, one gloss and one satin, and had absolutely no bubbles with one and very very few with the other, literally just a few (and tiny) over a great many coats.

This is why I asked if the Morrells was particularly prone to it, rather than the OP having a general concern because of the paint type.

Latest posts

Back