more wardrobes in progress (Now fitted)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been busy recently and not posted much so thought I would show you what I am up to at the moment.
I got the sliding door robes fitted last week but will have to return for some photos of them as it was pretty late when I finished. I am now on with the next set of wardrobes which I am happy to say are of a standard design this time. This build consists of three wardrobes and top boxes with internal drawers in the two outer ones.
All the doors are a shaker style and the two centre ones are fitted with mirrors.
DSCN2864.jpg

These are the drawer units after fitting the drawer slides
DSCN2865.jpg

Here are the drawer fronts and cupboard doors drying on the rack
DSCN2867.jpg

I sure am glad I have the dovetail jig after this lot
DSCN2863.jpg

These are open shelf units that will sit alongside the drawer units inside of the wardrobes
DSCN2866.jpg

I had a bit of a mishap today! I found that I had measured the internal shelf units too long and they wouldn't fit. :roll: |(measure twice cut once springs to mind) Anyway I had to take the units apart and cut them down to fit.
DSCN2871.jpg

I got them re assembled by this afternoon and had a dry fit with the first robe.
DSCN2869.jpg

Happy to say the drawer units turned out well and the boxes look much better now they are stained.
DSCN2870.jpg

Finally today I got the doors hung.
DSCN2868.jpg

I guess it was a good job I did a dry fit and not waited until I was on site. :roll:

Managed to get a dry fit of all the units today.
DSCN2872.jpg

I found I had to trim a bit off the centre doors hence the missing top door. Now I can get on with finishing the painting.

Well I spent today fitting the wardrobes and a long one it was. The cornices were a bit fiddly scribing them in but got there in the end. Customer was very happy with them.
DSCN2873-1.jpg

DSCN2874-1.jpg

DSCN2875-1.jpg

DSCN2876.jpg

:D

That's really nice Alan, now take this the right way, but I think your work if possible is improving now you've fully gone pro and are doing it all the time, not that there was anything wrong with it before at all!

Nice work one question when watching home renovation progs they rip out all the built in furniture so has it come back into fashion without me noticing.

Nice one Alan, they fit the space really nicely.

I have got a set of wardrobes to make shortly - any tips?? :lol: :lol:

ME! give you tips Rog! I think I could only scratch the surface of your knowledge. :lol: Well Den, I seem to get plenty of built in work luckily as I couldn't compete with the likes of Ikea for free standing stuff. :lol:

Back