More progress on the "Segmented Horsehead"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to let you see where I'm at on the "Segmented Horsehead" that I posted a pic of after the final shaping. Color has now been added and glue up has begun. Finally found the time this week-end to work on it.....
Hoping to have it glued up before going back to work tomorrow and get the backer cut. He's looking pretty good I think....If you can imagine him all put together that is..... :lol:
segmentedhorsethree.jpg

Should look good when it's finished, Lin. What wood are you using?.

Does Tacky Glue have any special properties that make it particularly suitable for segmentation?

Gill

Gill, can you get Tacky Glue over there?
It sets up quick. If I break a piece while scrollsawing I just glue it back together.

Bob

The entire piece was cut from 3/4" aspen. Raise and lowered accordingly during shaping. I use "Tacky" glue for most of my projects that require glue up. It's a fairly quick setting craft type glue that dries clear. For something like a bandsaw box I stick with the tried and true "Titebond 2". Many use the Titebond" on segmentation and intarsia but I like the fact that the "Tacky" glue dries clear.......just in case...I overdo it and don't see the squeeze out to clean it up.....Because I lacquer as a final finish...a small spot of clear glue would never show.
Lin

Greenfield Bob":ohn3evh4 said:
Gill, can you get Tacky Glue over there?

Apparently we can, although it seems to be known as Anita's Tacky Glue. It's sold in branches of The Range, a chain of stores I'd never even heard of but which will bear investigation :) . Some branches of Osborne Stationers also stock it.

Gill

Back