More on Axminster deliveries.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Most of us from time to time pass comment on this forum about the delivery service from Axminster Power Tools, my latest delivery arrived almost a week EARLY, and I couldn't be happier.

I ordered a new lathe for the workshop and was told that due to the weight (660 lbs) the lathe would have to come by Axminster transport with a tail lift, and due to the heavy delivery load I should expect delivery at best late this week and more likely early next week.

Imagine the grin on my face when Axminster's driver called me late this afternoon to let me know he was nearby in Derby and could he deliver the lathe. Now I'm looking for volunteers to help me move the lathe into place.

CC

Hi CC
Well I am an Axminster fan
I haven't had any bad experiences with them.
More the opposite
Any way I am very pleased for you

All the best

John

I got two orders from Axminster recently, the first, has arrived :D, and most of the second one is on the way, but they emailed within 10 minutes of placing the order to say the lathe was out of stock, an esimated delivery time, and my card would not be charged until dispatch. I thought that was pretty reasonable.

Adam

CC - good news. Must agree with John; all of my Axminster experiences have been good.

Adam - how are you going to get a lathe in your shop? Or are you planning a Tom (Mission Impossible) Cruise approach - operator hangs from ceiling on a harness?

Pete W":3ffsyq16 said:
Adam - how are you going to get a lathe in your shop? Or are you planning a Tom (Mission Impossible) Cruise approach - operator hangs from ceiling on a harness?

Well that might stop him putting his back out again :wink:

Hi All,

I have always been happy with Axminster. I placed an order last Thuirsday and received it the very next day. Which is not bad at all when you consider the pxp was free.

Well done Axminster.

Regards

Mike.C

ummmmmmm.. what they said....

can honestly say that with over a dozen orders placed, never had a prob wit any; only backordered item I've had arrived the day after they got it back in stock. BTW their tech help servise is unbeatable....dead impressive..!!

DaveL":1la49pze said:
Pete W":1la49pze said:

Well that might stop him putting his back out again :wink:

It's only a "small" lathe - the Axminster(Jet) M600 - so not too bulky, and no leg gear to wory about. I'm not in a rush for it, so it being out-of-stock doesn't really matter to me. I'm considering extending the shed to the full width of the garden though, with a "front" and "back" door to it, to maintain access to the back alley, although it's infrequent now that I am carrying things in and out from the alley, so as well as being double padlocked, it's screwed shut to stop it rattling. I reckon that'd free up some space, and with machines on wheels, I could move them when required to allow a 'corridor' through for carrying large/tall objects in and out.

Adam

You guys might be interested in the view from the other side of the fence as it were.

As a supplier, we find Axminster very easy to deal with and they handle their purchasing and payments as efficiently as their sales.

Probably worth saying that the vast majority of our stockists are a pleasure to deal with, we find the woodworking industry to be very friendly in the main.

Latest posts

Back