More inspiration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete,

Great link; I would have missed it if you hadn't posted. I chuckled at the comment on #11 :D I wonder if the trestles (#18 ) mightn't be adapted with some benefit in the workshop, as both high and low supports are frequently useful. Brilliant stuff. The only thing I couldn't find was what the dimensions of the "plank" were.

Cheers, Alf

P.S. I'll move this to the main board if that's okay. No way is this off-topic 8)

Alf":3gx10xxa said:
Pete,

I wonder if the trestles (#18 ) mightn't be adapted with some benefit in the workshop, as both high and low supports are frequently useful.

Yep, the one drawback to the site is the lack of higher-resolution pictures. It would be nice to see more detail of those trestles - simple yet ingenious :)

" :shock: " indeed!
But is that the nature and prolificacy of his work or his gratuitous use of Star Wars style fades on his website? :?

A

Pete,
Thanks for the link - there is certainly some interesting stuff there. It is interesting too how a very distinct commonality of style emerges in so many of the pieces. Partly cultural and partly the competition rules perhaps?

I guess we are all so conditioned by seeing so much American/UK stuff that we forget how other countries' styles may help our own design efforts. I was very struck by this recently reading this book by Karg http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 63-1019624

Back