"More Cheap" Bosch Mitre Saw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a set of them a while back for £29 and i thought they were a bargain at that price.The 80 tooth blade gave a lovely cut when mitering the cornice on my kitchen.

I received a set this morning and all i can say is that Axminster must have made a mistake in the pricing of these blades. I fitted them to an Elektra Beckum mitre saw (they will fit any 10 inch saw with a 5 degree negative rake) and both of them give a first class cut (especially the 80 tooth) and the case will take and protect at least another 4 or 5 blades.

Axminster also sells a 12 inch set for the same price, but these are 60 and 80 tooth.

Will they last? Only time will tell, but at this price they are worth a gamble.

Cheers

Woody

Good for you Tim, i am sure that you won't regret it.

I am surprised that more members have not done the same as you. Mind you i had my doubts that they would be any good for what seems silly money, but i can assure you that they are worth every penny. in fact i will go as far as saying that the case is worth £14.99.

Let us know how you get on with them.

Regards

Woody

Woodythepecker":24ph4k3h said:
Let us know how you get on with them.

I will do. Mine's bigger than yours :roll: so I had to order the 12" blades.

As you say - it does look like an accounting error. Obviously cost me more because I had to round up some add ons for free postage!

Cheers

Tim

Tim wrote:

As you say - it does look like an accounting error. Obviously cost me more because i had to round up some add ons for free postage.

I never bother about buying extra goodies to get the free postage :roll:, but strangely when the parcel arrived Axminster had also sent 3 King Ice Bear Waterstones and ceramic flattening stone. SWMBO thought i had paid for them, but i told her that when you spend a certain amount in one year Axminster always sends you a free gift :^o

Cheers

Woody

SP - not sure they do. I reckon they are now genuinely out of stock. They aren't in the new catalogue and I reckon that they were promotional stock from Bosch that they had in warehousing. Cheaper for them to get rid of them quickly than to allocate warehouse and catalogue space and then have to deal with fruitless enquiries after the line has run out.

I think they may well be sharpening their stocking policy anyway as a cost saving exercise - I had a conversation with them the other day about a few products eg LV Wonder Dogs which they no longer stock - because they were only selling 3 or 4 a month.

Cheers

Tim

I think Tim is right about them just being promo stock, I got a couple of them free with the Bosch SCMS that I bought just before Christmas. I would have been glad to order some more though having just spent a week cutting oak veneered MDF skirting with near perfect results every time. Unfortunately it appears as if the 250mm blades are gone now, not surprising really £15 was an incredible bargain. I think you can still order the 305mm blades though, the site states "Out of stock" but they can still be ordered.

Simon

OHHHHHHHHH, bosch are gonna get in some Hot poop on monday morning off our shop.

We have a direct account account with them, and we bought a pile of those blade kits a few months ago, but the cost price to us was over £30. We'll make them grovel. Expect some superb bosch offers from us in the near future :lol: .

Matt.

You might very well be right Tim, because unknown to me SWMBO has ordered another set and last night she received a email from Axminster confirming the order and stating that her order had been dispatched on Friday.

So it looks like the price was correct, which lets face it at the end of the day IMHO is much better, because we have got a great deal and Axminster has not lost any money.

Matt1245 wrote:

OHHHHHHHHH, bosch are gonna get in some Hot poop on Monday morning off our shop.

We have a direct account with them, and we bought a pile of thos blade kits a few months ago, but the cost price to us was over £30. We'll make them grovel. Except some superb bosch offers from us in the near future :lol:

To right Matt. I always believed that if a tool manufacturer gave one of their agents a special offer all of their agents were given the same offer. Is this the way it works or does it all depend on how much you purchase from them?

Thinking that if the price is correct other dealers may have the same deal, i searched on other websites, but i have been unable to find the twin pack and case at all.

By the way, so that we may take advantage of any special offers you may have in the near future, who do you work for?

Cheers

Woody

martyn2 wrote:

:lol: mine arrived today better packed than my laptop many thanks again for the tip woody :lol:

It's a pleasure mate.

Axminster are trying to get some more, so if anyone else wants a set i would place an order with them, or keep a eye on their website.

Regards

Woody

Got mine as well yesterday -haven't used them yet but the money is worth it for the packaging alone. Thanks Woody.

Cheers

Tim

The plot thickens. You can now get exactly the same twin pack of blades at http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/pro ... ade%20sets

Although these are more expensive than Axminster (£27.50 for 254mm and £38 for the 300mm) they are still very good value for a set of 2 blades with an excellent case to store them in. And as Matt states his company had to pay £30 for the set, and do not forget he has got to add to this price before he sells them to joe public.

Lawsons also do a twin pack for anyone who wants a 216mm size blade.

If you are in the market for a mitre saw, Lawsons (elsewhere on their site) will give you a set of these free if you buy the saw from them.

By the way it now appears that Axminster will not now be stocking these again.

Regards

Woody

Back