More Boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
Keeping busy with more boxes. On e for valentines and another 'tower' to be ready soon.
2019-01-19%2014.12.54.jpg

Hiya marcos, the Valentine box is Elm and Laburnum with redheart fronting for the hearts. The Thumnail tower is a combination of Laburnum front and back, douglas fir and yellow pine.

Nice boxes - I tried using some laburnum that I’d had seasoning for several years but it kept splitting. Lovely wood though.

Rod

Really like the heart one, love the elm and the organic shape of the base of it, only criticism I’d say it the cut line from the middle to top heart stands out a bit, probs unnoticeable in a different light and can’t think of what other option could have hidden better. Hope that doesn’t offend!

Fitz.

Quite right Fritz. In hindsight I should have cut along the grain from the one to the other. It may still have shown, but maybe not as much.

I buy some whenever I go to a show, or visit various timber merchants when some particular timber is needed. At present I am short on Purpleheart timber or turning blanks wanted, so am looking around for that, As I only make bandsaw boxes, the demand is not to high and I need to use up the stock I have at present.

Back