Monitor Problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
My TFT monitor (15") has developed a distinctly red tint (it's not a faulty graphics card -I've checked). Can this be repaired? If not, can anyone suggest a good inexpensive replacement?

Gill

Mines a Iiyama Prolite E380S (black) and i've had it 'bout 3 years now. Very good monitors, I cant fault them. Don't know if they're still available or not but they are excellent quality IMHO.

http://www.new-monitors.co.uk/productlist.asp?producttypeID=47

I think this is the latest incarnation. seems good but mine was £300 back then!! pipper! :) I could get a 19" for that now!

Oh well...:(

Cheers

Gary

:D Gill you have'nt got any magnetic object near it we had the same sort of problem at work and found it was a desk fan. near by that caused it .
it might be worth a check out before you get a new one.

Martyn

Has the monitor been unplugged from the signal cable recently? If so its possible that a pin in one end of the connecting cable or in the monitor has been damaged - have a look for bent or missing pins.

Hi mr

This is quite disconcerting. A friend of mine, who is an IBM engineer with the same name as you, would have written that. :shock:

Are you sure you don't live in Nottinghamshire? :lol:

Cheers
Neil

~Gill I have found that it sometimes cures monitor problems by just switching off the screen and switching back on again, kinda refresh!

Many years ago I recall I used to make our monitor see red :)

Newbie_Neil":3fglpwfz said:
Hi mr

Are you sure you don't live in Nottinghamshire? :lol:

Absolutely certain, nor have I ever worked for Big BLue :)

A couple of months ago after plugging my TFT back into my main computer it had a greenish tint to it. I checked the pins on the cable but they were fine. Luckily my monitor is the type where the cable just plugs into the back, so before splashing out on a new monitor I just ordered a new cable and that fixed it :D

Thanks for all the advice, guys. My monitor has hardly been unplugged/plugged since it was purchased, so I doubt it's the cable that's at fault. The monitor's probably just worn out after several years faithful service.

I think it's time to go shopping. Hmmm.... ebuyer does look very competitive :) .

Gill

Hi,
I just suffered a similar fate with a 17 inch CRT monitor. After a quick trip to the tip I bought a 19 inch Philips LCD from Mysis...or is it Misys..anyway its brilliant, and recommended. Price was a measely £180.

alan

Gill, would you like me to send you a replacement vga cable just in case? Or is this the perfect excuse for a new monitor? :wink:

Thanks for the offer, but I'm confident it's the monitor that's gone, not the cable. The problem was intermittent to start with and didn't affect the whole screen at first. Over the last few days, it's deteriorated. To me, that doesn't sound like a connection problem.

Gill

I've just bought the wife a cracking 19 inch flat screen from Microdirect for £149-really is fantastic. Gives you a load of desk space back, too!
Cheers
Philly :D

Back