Mojo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Loosing my mojo i haven't done anything in the work shop for a good few month's well nothing worth while .I think ill go to the Yandles show in July as i have already booked in for a few day's in the white hart hotel and then make a decision to sell everything or not when i return i just can't be bothered :roll: :roll: Alan

Don't do that. I had exactly the same thing happen. I think we just had a long miserable winter and it's affected a lot of people. Now the warmer weather is here, I'm back in the workshop quite often now

+1 it was far too cold to do anything.

Pete

I have the cure for long winter depression.
Vodka, a LOT of vodka. When you wake up the world is fine again.

I had the same experience as you earlier on in the year and felt that I had lost it. I too blame it on the long winter. Posted a message on here and received quite a lot of replies and encouragement and am please to say I am back in my garage again happily making sawdust. Don't sell your stuff ... you will regret it.

search
Seasonal Adjustment Disorder,
and go buy a sun lamp.
OR, the vidka still works. :shock: :shock: =D>

it happens to everyone at one time or another, and the weather does have a major impact, especially like my situation where i have to do most of my machining outdoors, but the key is to have more than one hobby, i have the railway which i do during the winter months, also will be getting the rods out again this year and start fishing again, but whatever you do don't sell your tools, even if you don't use them for a while they will still be there when you want them, i haven't fished for about 5 years but i still have all my gear, so enjoy the good weather for now and i am sure you will find some inspiration in no time at all, all the best,

+1 for the vodka and another completely different hobby.

Please do NOT make a decision in the middle of a "depressive moment" that you may well regret later - just imagine selling everything and then getting your mojo back and having to start again from square 1 in "X" months time!!!!

Go do something else completely different for a while, by all means visit Yandles (sounds great, I wish it was withing travelling distance for me), have a look at some Youtube wood working and I guess it will come back.

Best of luck mate

sunnybob":vq2x5vgt said:
search
Seasonal Adjustment Disorder,
and go buy a sun lamp.
OR, the vidka still works. :shock: :shock: =D>
That's not a daft idea ! One of the best things I've done is buy a timer to automatically turn the bedside lamp on. It's only a soft light but I've found it really helps me get up easier in the dark mornings. I set my radio alarm to come on 15 minutes after the light and together it seems to work really well. Just don't try a mechanical timer DAMHIKT.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi Mock (Alan)
Firstly I believe Yandles is in September (unless they have moved it forward because it didn't happen in April!).
A few weeks ago you were on a "high" having bought a few vintage machines. Then, you seemed to be wanting to sell them because, I believe, something to do with an upcoming wedding?
Then you had the problem of how to demonstrate them to prospective customers as you did not have a 3 phase supply! I'm not a psychologist but think that these events have more to do with the way you are feeling rather than the weather as has been suggested. Keep smiling!
Regards
Tudor

Thank's that's all i need please tell me i am correct
Record Power Roadshow & Sale!
13th July 2018 - 14th July 2018
Exclusive Show Deals Available
FREE Expert Advice On ALL Record Power & Startrite Machines
Save 15% Off All Self-Select Timber!
Demonstration's available throughout the day!
Knowledgeable and friendly staff will be offering expert advice on the use of all products
We will be offering a HUGE 15% off our unbeatable range of Timber Planking and Turning Blanks in our self selection area
Please phone for availability if you have specific requirements as all offers are subject to stock

Sorry Alan, I (wrongly) assumed that you were referring to the Woodworking Show which takes place in September.
Tudor

Well thank you all for the positive remarks ill just wait and see what i feel like after my little outing to yandles .Ps and yes it could be all the pressure of the up coming wedding and the machines's stuck in my garage and the shall i sell the three phase or the single phase machines or the lot :? :? :? Alan

Back