Moisture meter recomendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlin

Established Member
Reaction score
I know its been covered a few times before but does anybody have a recent recommendation for a moisture meter around the £100 mark?

Thanks, Merlin

I've actually got a CMT DMM-001 meter, how accurate is it compared to a lignomat I couldn't tell you but it seems to give some kind of reading of what I would expect from a piece. I'm only really after ball-park figures rather than dead on the money measurements so it works well for me (I think :?) and for around £35 it seems to be good value.

I dont have a moisture meter, and dont really see the need for most people. Surely the wood moisture content is irrelevant unless you have freshly chopped green wood and youre waiting for it to equalise?
If you buy wood, its at the level open air will give it. Put it in your shed and its the same. Work on it and it will always come back to ambient level.
yes? no?

Well after some research I went with Simos recommendation and apart from a broken case from S & S it seems to be fool proof .

Thanks, Merlin

Back