Modifying my wood lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD1971

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can help or offer some advice?

I recently bought an old wood lathe from Facebook Marketplace very cheaply but I think I have a bargain. I have it home and have started to read up on the subject and matching the specs to my lathe.

What i have found is that it is quite old, and that any markings have been painted over on the 50+ ? years it has been around. I measured the headstock spindle and it is nothing like the specs that I have found online.
It is just under 3/4" in diameter and 3/4" in length.

My question is, are there any adaptors on the market that I can purchase and fit to upgrade it to a 1" & 8 pti?

Possibly, but you need to identify the thread properly first. A pic of the lathe may help, you never know but somebody may recognise it.

Ok. I think I have added the picture of my new old lathe.
4501542C-0DF3-4DFB-ACCF-2E72EB2F25CF.JPG

Attachments

• 4501542C-0DF3-4DFB-ACCF-2E72EB2F25CF.JPG
    4501542C-0DF3-4DFB-ACCF-2E72EB2F25CF.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 385
Looks very home made to me?

Its unlikely you will find a chuck adapter to fit that off a shelf and probably something to be custom made.

Would it actually run a chuck nicley? Is there a decent shoulder for the chuck to sit on nicely. Maybe get proficient at turning between centres and then look at upgrading?

Adidat

Latest posts

Back