• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Moderators ID

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Mike Jordan

Established Member
Reaction score
A recent post of mine was removed and I was instructed to post in positive terms in future. The post was not abusive in any way and just suggested that a commercial design was rather poor. Whoever removed the post hasn't had the manners or gonads to identify themselves. It took at least three days for the post to be identified as unacceptable and be removed so it's no suprise that I'm still waiting for the person to be identified.
I know there has been some trouble which has cost the site some very valuable members, and it's less attractive than it was for that reason. I have no illusions about my small contribution but I think that it may be sensible for me to give the site a rest in the hope that good manners return.

That would work

Established Member
Reaction score
Since this forum has been taken over it has changed and not in a good way. I can only imagine that what you posted was seen as negative towards one of the sites paying advertisers.

pcb1962

Established Member
Reaction score
I expect this thread will disappear rapidly too.

billw

The Tattooed One
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Are there actually any "paying advertisers"? I thought the adverts were just syndicated through google or whatever and the forum had no control nor direct involvement with them?

powertools

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't think that your reply to that post showed good manners and was almost rude.
The op was asking for help with the construction and not for personal opinion on the design.
Should your reply have been removed I don't know but it has been and I think you should just accept that, not worry about it and move on and enjoy the forum.