• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Moderation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

A

Anonymous

Whilst I hate to see heavy handed moderation, there is a place for it if a bulletin board is to thrive.

Please could you explain UK Workshop's policy in the light of recent flaming and describe how offended parties can report problem posts?

Yours

Gill

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been lucky so far that the UKW forum hasn’t needed any moderation. It's come close once or twice but the only moderation myself or James have done is move messages.

I left the recent thread open because I didn't want to close it in 'mid-flame' and leave the members involved will things still to say (explain what they ment/defended them self’s.) As it happens it looks like they sorted it out them self’s with no harm done (Thanks BTW :) )

The Forum's policy is just common sense, Keep your post Clean, Friendly and WW webmasters don't forget to #Cough# when posting a link to your site :wink:

Any posts/threads that we (myself & James) feel aren’t acceptable or are getting out of hand will be edited, closed or even deleted. The member(s) involved will be warned and could face being banned from the forums :eek:

I think as the forums are now growing it's might be the time for me to write a policy (like John has done for UKWW).

If a post on this forum offends anyone please contact me or James (sawdustalley) by Private Message, MSN Messenger or Email.

Charley
Username: Charley
Email: charley@ukworkshop.co.uk
MSN: info@thisishosting.net

James
Username: James
Email: james@sawdustalley.co.uk
MSN: james@sawdustalley.co.uk

A

Anonymous

Thanks Charley. I think that you've cleared things up quite nicely.

Yours

Gill

A

Anonymous

Thankyou Charlie

The Management show great maturity in that message.

Most of us hate to see Swearing in a thread; it's just not clever and shows a lack of articulation. So lets keep it clean and our arguments friendly.

I presume this thread may refer to my heated debate with another member, fairly harmless and in the most polite. We shouldn't lose site of the fact that although it became unnecessarily personal that the discussion was very relevant to two apposing views on woodworking. Although everything said could have been said without any personal reference.

We should be able to debate/argue our strongly believed views without being judged antisocial.

Some Forums come down heavy on anyone who doesn't follow the moderators line resulting in cliquey narrow-minded threads of loveliness, which can become tedious at best, thats the last thing I would want of UK Workshop and judging by the managements sensible response it won't be happening here :lol:

Perhaps people could bear in mind when they want to put down someone's viewpoint on a subject that it can be done without personal and direct criticism of that individual.

A

Anonymous

My, my. I even get a magazine celebrity to do my coughing for me now :lol:

Cheers, Jester