Model cars

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone here collect model cars?
2012, I regressed into childhood and purchased a silly amount of 1:18 AutoArt 911’s. I ended up selling them to get a new bike in 2013 but I kept one, not a 911.

I was just browsing photos on my phone and found it. Bought in 2012, paid an amount I’d rather not admit and I think it’s only been out of the box for 5 mins to photo. :|

Attachments

• 8164FC1F-460D-4B2D-BCA0-50DB97A4451D.jpeg
    8164FC1F-460D-4B2D-BCA0-50DB97A4451D.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 741
There is a company quite near here that has (or had!) a thriving business making display models of F1 cars for the teams to give to sponsors. I think they were 1:10 in those days (now 1:8 or or 1:18).
https://www.amalgamcollection.com/
Twenty+ years ago, I was a client of theirs, sadly only for relatively simple exhibition display cases for our own products, but I was occasionally allowed to see the F1 model shop (quite sensibly, no pictures and you had to be accompanied!).

It's now a separate business, but the models are still staggering.

Eric The Viking":a2xxx2au said:
There is a company quite near here that has (or had!) a thriving business making display models of F1 cars for the teams to give to sponsors. I think they were 1:10 in those days (now 1:8 or or 1:18).
Twenty+ years ago, I was a client of theirs, sadly only for relatively simple exhibition display cases for our own products, but I was occasionally allowed to see the F1 model shop (quite sensibly, no pictures and you had to be accompanied!).

You mean the prices when you say staggering....... YEEEEEIIIKES.

£11,150 for the Bugatti

rafezetter":1afliugg said:
Eric The Viking":1afliugg said:

You mean the prices when you say staggering....... YEEEEEIIIKES.

£11,150 for the Bugatti
:shock: That’s for when you’ve got bored of lighting cigars with 50 quid notes.

Just looking at the website, the majority of the 1:18s seem to be £500-£600. The quality looks fantastic but , even though I like model cars, that’s too much for me.

The one I pictured is made by exoto, I questioned my own sanity at the time (2012) :D They are advertised for silly money now.

When Shell ran a model car promotion back in the early 90's & I was travelling all over the country, I managed to obtain 2 sets of the 1:38 scale.
One set, kept unopened, pristine & put away, the other for the kids to play with, a lot of which are still going strong with various family members.

Shell Model Cars.jpg

Aston Martin Virage
BMW 850i
BMW Z1
Corvette ZR1
Ferrari 348ts
Ferrari F40
Jaguar XJS V12
Jaguar E Cabriolet
Lamborgini Diablo
Lotus Elan
Lotus Esprit