Mobile bench ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andyp,

They would certainly work albeit a bit slow/fiddly to change modes with. Mind you the prices are a bit eye-watering aren't they? Think I will continue searching for other solutions!

Chris,

Why not use a pallet truck? The bench design could incorporate runners to locate the forks, only problems might be balance and manoeuvrability in a confined space.
Machinemart have them for about £200 with a 2000kg capacity.

AndyP

Andy

Thanks for that link. They look like just what I need but THE PRICE !!!!!.

Can't see SWMBO letting me spend £1000 on 4 castors. No room for a pallet truck in the shop I'm afraid.

Jeff

How about these#

http://www.abacus-furniture.co.uk/20.htm

The heavy duty ones at the bottom of the page need a spanner to adjust. I've tried to ring the company for a price but they do not accept anonymous calls (as I am dialling through a switchboard I cannot do anything about that).

AndyP

Chris. just got an email back with prices for the heavy duty footmaster castors.

Hello,

We do not have any distributors for our products.

Price for the Footmaster range is as follows.

100F @£45 each
100S @£45 each (delivery 12 weeks approximetly)
120F @£55 each
150F @£70 each

Delivery normally 3-5 days.

Carriage & Packing £12.50 upto 25KG

All prices subject to VAT

Regards,

Martin

Those look the business, Andy, but please don't give Chris any more alternative ideas - I am really looking forward to seeing a hovercraft workbench and I don't think we should give him any encouragement to stray from this idea :wink: I bet it would be a world first - it may even make the next edition of The Workbench Book!

NeilCFD

Andy

Many thanks for the efforts you are going to. Now those do look the business and the prices are certainly much more affordable.

I am going to check out Ians solution in the GWW back issue first but these are certainly on my A list of options.

Jeff

The prices seem much better - even reasonable comparing them with what you can pay for rather flimsy castors.

Don't worry Neil, I haven't given up on the hovercraft principle - I am still casting it over in my mind. When I have a desgn that I think will work , I'll post here to be shot at!

Hovercraft..??

This wouldn't be a cunning method to sweep the shop floor at the same time would it...????

waterhead37":6jesaxsc said:
Don't worry Neil, I haven't given up on the hovercraft principle - I am still casting it over in my mind. When I have a desgn that I think will work , I'll post here to be shot at!
Dragging up a very old thread here, Chris, but this gave me a chuckle the other day and I thought you might appreciate it!

Cheers,
Neil

Back