Mo' Lidl (4.02.10)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger

Established Member
Reaction score
More goodies! Well, possibly.
3.6v Li-Ion screwdriver, £14.99 (I've got the French version. OK for assembling flatpack, a bit weak for driving long screws. Not for building a deck. Handy though.)
Drill Bit Set £11.99. Hmm. 60 pieces. That's 20p each...
Detail Sander £11.99 - that's more like it!
Try (sic) Square set - £5.99 - another one that I bought in France. Fine if you don't expect too much precision.
Screwdriver Set £5.99
Set of 4 chisels £4.99 - the same as sold in French brico-sheds. Well worth the price... if you like trying to sharpen jam. Fine for opening paint tins.
30w Soldering Iron with stand and waldoes, £5.49, could be OK.
'Bow Saw' (don't get excited, it's a hacksaw) £3.99
Mini ToolKit (Modelling?) £2.99 - worth it for screwdrivers.
Hobby Tool Accessory Kit - bits for a Dremel or similar (I got a Lidl 'Dremel' last year, it's not bad) - 100 pieces in wooden box, £3.49. Looks like a bargain.
Washers/Gaskets/Hook&Eyes/hex nuts - £1.99 a pop.
Small organiser box £2.49 (may be 2 - not clear)
Helping Hands £1.99
Toolbox, glue sticks, safety boots, insoles, tape (there's always tape), screws, cable clips, universal power adaptor, glue gun, wall organiser.

Loads to play with...

well i have brought the lidl chisel set :lol: will tell you how they are and i personally wouldnt be suprised if they turned out to be good going by their powerdrills

It's worth highlighting that those chisels are much more than worth their price tag. I find them excellent and so have many others. If you want a good set of secondary chisels. These are about the best bet. I have recognised the blades with various other branded tool makers names, for a much higher price. I assume they are all sourced from the same far eastern source. But they're good, very good. Did I say that they were good? Good is what they are.

wizer":3lsdgfpl said:
It's worth highlighting that those chisels are much more than worth their price tag. I find them excellent and so have many others. If you want a good set of secondary chisels. These are about the best bet. I have recognised the blades with various other branded tool makers names, for a much higher price. I assume they are all sourced from the same far eastern source. But they're good, very good. Did I say that they were good? Good is what they are.

They look a bit like the MHG that rutland stocks

I'm not sure, possibly. It's the blades that I see often. I'm sure I've seen them on draper handles and various other. But even budget brands like Draper charge drastically more than £4.99 The chisels keep a reasonable edge and if you ding one? Who cares! I have 2 sets ;)

wizer":22lvzlcf said:

I Agree!
They are Cheap - hold their edge very well.
Every bloke should have at least one set to protect the good stuff - you know, the many times you are tempted to use a decent chisel for not chisel jobs.

I've used several to make Scrapers (tip from Bill Carter in BWW)

Ooooh might have to get a set of those chisels. Already have one set of cheap chisels and one good set but more cheap ones would be a bonus. I was thinking of grinding down the smallest two for cleaning out the corners of half blind dovetails.

Out of interest... I read the tread a while back about making plane blades and hardening them (Philly wrote it IIRC). Would it be possible to do that with these cheap chisels? My knowledge about metal starts and ends with "that's sharp lets bang it into a bit of wood" so perhaps it doesn't work this way.

Back