Mmmmm - Tools!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to me!!!

Treated myself to some totally unnecessary tool treats. Always loved the idea / look of these Stuart Batty (SB Tools) handles for gouges etc. Was concerned when he closed down but delighted to find another company have picked up the back-stock and IP for handles etc so with a colleague going across the pond recently took the opportunity to get some brought back.

Had a quick turn with them and love the feel of the handle shape and weight. Think ‘nother order for more bolsters to expand to scrapers and perhaps some spindle tools coming up!

9FB0DF8D-E69C-4FFF-A4D7-4ECAF2AAD083.jpeg

95BBD20B-0764-4E04-BB71-B8EB44A4B758.jpeg

Simon

Attachments

• 9FB0DF8D-E69C-4FFF-A4D7-4ECAF2AAD083.jpeg
    9FB0DF8D-E69C-4FFF-A4D7-4ECAF2AAD083.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 564
  • 95BBD20B-0764-4E04-BB71-B8EB44A4B758.jpeg
    95BBD20B-0764-4E04-BB71-B8EB44A4B758.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 563
phil.p":38pnyvm5 said:
Each to their own. I can't imagine anything less comfortable than a dead straight handle. :D

Handles are like fat four leaf clover extrusion in cross section so feel really nice in the palm / fingers.

Never tried turning with bent handles rather than straight ones though - do they help get a nice curve on a bowl!?!?!?! :lol:

S

I think they look real sexy!!
And I'm a firm believer in buying oneself unnecessarily tools!
Just don't tell the wife!

Jamied":eknmifyn said:
I think they look real sexy!!
And I'm a firm believer in buying oneself unnecessarily tools!
Just don't tell the wife!

Or...tell the wife you are merely matching her unnecessary purchases, pound for pound. Imagine how many tools you could buy if you did that?

(Ouch?)

Trainee neophyte":2fjeihmy said:
Or...tell the wife you are merely matching her unnecessary purchases, pound for pound. Imagine how many tools you could buy if you did that?

(Ouch?)

Yep that would work. :roll: :lol:

Where did you get them from?
I have family visiting us from N America soon and I also have a biggish birthday this month...

Very nice Simon.

I have the Simon Hope handle and it comes with three different sized collets which means I can use various brands of unhandled chisels. At the moment I have one of my crown revolution shafts in it as I find it so easy to change from one to the other just twist change and twist again to tighten no tools needed to change them except the tool holding it ME

phil.p":do0e19w1 said:
Each to their own. I can't imagine anything less comfortable than a dead straight handle. :D

It is surprising how comfortable straight handles are I swap from Robert Sorby to Crown and Henry
Taylors shaped handle to my straight handled tools and it becomes second nature to get the feel

Back