• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted ML8 1x12tpi Engineering Chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobblezard

1 step forward, 2 back, 2 forward - rest - repeat
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for an engineering chuck to fit the inboard side of the Myford ML8

Ideally 4" self centering with both internal and external stepped jaws but 3 jaw and other sizes considered

Heres hoping, thanks

The Versachuck has optional engineering jaws, it can be supplied with a 1" 12tpi backplate which is what you need I think for an ML8. Also as it's a woodturning chuck it would be a useful addition anyway for woodturning.

The Versachuck has optional engineering jaws, it can be supplied with a 1" 12tpi backplate which is what you need I think for an ML8. Also as it's a woodturning chuck it would be a useful addition anyway for woodturning.
Hi there, thanks yes I've seen that - it is an option but I already have several wood turning chucks. Was hoping for an older metalworking chuck but may end up going down that route or similar. Unfortunately Axminster don't support 1x12tpivbecause I have their chucks and could happily buy another but, whilst the versachuck is versatile I don't see myself paying out for lots of carriers to use with my existing jaw sets (Axminster & Supernova)

You have the same thread as the more popular ML7 metal working lathe, so might be worth looking in that area aswell.

You have the same thread as the more popular ML7 metal working lathe, so might be worth looking in that area aswell.
Hi minilathe, Thanks for that - I think the ML7 is 1 1/8" X 12 tpi so not the same as the ML8 - Myford do sell a thread adaptor to use ML7 chucks on the ML8, but it's not my first choice as it will leave the chuck further away from the headstock.

If not taken, How much??
Hi James, I will get some photographs for you to make sure it is what you need. The backplate is Myford ML8, I am not sure of the make of the chuck itself. I will be in touch. It is 5" so it is HEAVY and postage will not be trivial. WHere re you? I am near Lampeter / Llandovery in Wales.

As a matter of interest, it also fits the Myford M type metal lathe

K

Hi James, I will get some photographs for you to make sure it is what you need. The backplate is Myford ML8, I am not sure of the make of the chuck itself. I will be in touch. It is 5" so it is HEAVY and postage will not be trivial. WHere re you? I am near Lampeter / Llandovery in Wales.

As a matter of interest, it also fits the Myford M type metal lathe

K
Hi again James,
If you post your email address I can send you some photographs. I seem to be having difficulty in sending them on this forum.

K

Back