• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Wanted ML8 1x12tpi Engineering Chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

bobblezard

1 step forward, 2 back, 2 forward - rest - repeat
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for an engineering chuck to fit the inboard side of the Myford ML8

Ideally 4" self centering with both internal and external stepped jaws but 3 jaw and other sizes considered

Heres hoping, thanks

minilathe22

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
The Versachuck has optional engineering jaws, it can be supplied with a 1" 12tpi backplate which is what you need I think for an ML8. Also as it's a woodturning chuck it would be a useful addition anyway for woodturning.

bobblezard

Reaction score
The Versachuck has optional engineering jaws, it can be supplied with a 1" 12tpi backplate which is what you need I think for an ML8. Also as it's a woodturning chuck it would be a useful addition anyway for woodturning.
Hi there, thanks yes I've seen that - it is an option but I already have several wood turning chucks. Was hoping for an older metalworking chuck but may end up going down that route or similar. Unfortunately Axminster don't support 1x12tpivbecause I have their chucks and could happily buy another but, whilst the versachuck is versatile I don't see myself paying out for lots of carriers to use with my existing jaw sets (Axminster & Supernova)

minilathe22

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
You have the same thread as the more popular ML7 metal working lathe, so might be worth looking in that area aswell.

bobblezard

Reaction score
You have the same thread as the more popular ML7 metal working lathe, so might be worth looking in that area aswell.
Hi minilathe, Thanks for that - I think the ML7 is 1 1/8" X 12 tpi so not the same as the ML8 - Myford do sell a thread adaptor to use ML7 chucks on the ML8, but it's not my first choice as it will leave the chuck further away from the headstock.