ML-210 model makers lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hijack this thread, but as we are talking metal working lathes, I have just nabbed a Myford ML7 for a reasonable price, but no tooling :(, I've peeked at fleabay but god ! all seems like gold dust prices. Anyone know a decent supplier of turrets, cutters and general accesories for a ML7 ?
Thanks in advance Karl
Just seen this, but if anyone needs any brazed carbide or HSS for a small lathe, I've recently got a vast amount of it - more than I'll ever use. PM me if you need anything!

Here is my model makers good old British Cowels 90 after a refurb
20201112_174111.jpg
20201212_163737.jpg
Handy for bushings and making and repairing my miniatures workshop machines

That's nice Thingybob,
I have a 90ME which I play with occasionally, used it yesterday to knock up a die holder for 25mm dies as the one with it only takes smaller dies. Cowells are lovely little machines.

I've got a very similar Perris, forerunner of the Cowells.

View attachment 107091View attachment 107092

I also have a Toyo 210 with some homemade tooling. I'll see if I can take some photos and supply some more details tomorrow.

Pete
Very nice do you actualy use it or is it a show piece you can see the cowels in there very similar

Very nice do you actualy use it or is it a show piece you can see the cowels in there very similar

I barely use it to be honest. It's not endowed with a great deal of power and stalls easily on steel. Also, the large base was a mistake. It's awkward to store and lift on and off a bench. I keep meaning to re-configure it with the motor in a box under the lathe, as some of the Cowells were sold. I have the change wheel set and it's handy for cutting small threads under hand power. The Toyo is better and more useable, but at this size the most practical and flexible machine (imho) is the Sherline. I have one of those too, and a Myford Speed 10.

Back