Mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Nott

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies if you've seen this elsewhere, but any recommendations for a sliding mitre saw? Festool and the new Bosch axial-glide are out of budget - hoping to spend about 400-500 for a saw and stand. Preferably a 9" blade, good dust extraction and light enough to take on site. TIA, Tim

There was recent article in british woodworking about this. There was one makita that was rated very well against the festool, although the festool did just edge it.

I tried a bunch of mitre saws recently:

Makita LS1016L
Metabo KGS254plus
Dewalt DWPXPS
Festool Kapex 120

In the end i bought the Kapex, given the choice from the other 3 it would probably be the Dewalt as it's extremely accurate and solid, all bevels and mitres lock in solidly without zero play. The only negatives for me were the lack of rubber feet(optional extra), the rails just weren't smooth enough on the one I tried and the motor isn't soft start.

The new Makita's are very nice saws but the zero degree bevel stop is too soft, it doesn't click back in.

I have got the Axminster mitre saw with a cmt blade. It must be 8 years old gets regular use and I check its accuracy before cutting and never had to reset regularly. So why pay hundreds. Even 4 years pro use would still be economic.

Latest posts

Back