Mitre saw stands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of getting a Dewalt 7033 stand for my mitre saw

dewalt-de7033-heavy-duty-short-beam-leg-stand.jpg

£130 is the best price i've seen.

But then there is the Bosch, on sale at Axi for £90

211241_inset1_xl.jpg

Both are the short-beam versions - I need the smaller models to fit in my car easily.

Any comments or other recommendations?

Cheers

Karl

I have the DeWalt one Karl and it's a great piece of kit. Quite heavy though. HTH. Just noticed you said the short beam version, mine is the full size one. (Could explain the weight) :lol:

Thanks for the replies. I do have a cheap one (Wolf?) and think it's crud. Very heavy to boot, and and inconvenient length.

I like the look of the DW, but the Bosch being £40 cheaper is attractive in these days of austerity!

But I need a new one as decking season is upon us and I have a few jobs in the pipeline.

Cheers

Karl

Karl

I bought the DW about 3 years ago, brand new, from ebay shop, for £95 (I think) when I was studding out my workshop. At the time it gave longer capacity which I needed as I was using 4.2m lengths.

Yes it is a bit heavy to lug around (which I rarely do) but the extra capacity I feel is very useful. Would it fit in your car if you dropped down one of the back seats?

Which ever one you decide on the purchase route I used might save you a few bob.

Whatever you do dont buy a Metabo one, I did.

The Metabo stand is very good probably the best but its let down by the brackets that attach the saw to the stand, they are really badly designed and I have broken three sets now. The bits that clip on to the stand are plastic and just not up to the job. On the Dewalt they are still plastic but they have wrapped the outer metal casing around the plastic clips to reinforce it.

I spotted this one a while back it looks good and its on SALE right now http://www.itslondon.co.uk/pd_MAK194943 ... tation.htm

MAK1949437.jpg

EDIT i see you want it to fit a car maybe this wont fit, 2 guys I work with have the Dewalt stands with Makitas fitted to them and I couldn't fault them really. One has the standard stand and the other has the small one in your picture.

You get what you pay for I'm afraid. The DeWalt ones are twice the quality of any of the others. Had mine about 8 or 9 years and its in almost daily use, it gets dragged up onto scaffolding etc and is still in good working order.

Thanks guys. I've been erring towards the DW - it just seems better built than any of the others.

lincs1963":3v3jrago said:
You get what you pay for I'm afraid. The DeWalt ones are twice the quality of any of the others. Had mine about 8 or 9 years and its in almost daily use, it gets dragged up onto scaffolding etc and is still in good working order.

You don't always get what you pay for, the Metabo costs more than the Dewalt .In general Metabo are much better quality than Dewalt. Just in this case their stand is let down by poor design on saw attachment which is a shame. The Dewalt seems more secure.

Back