Mitre Saw Dust Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have a SIP Sliding mitre saw and the dust extraction is pretty useless. I don't know whether other makes have the same problem. If so has anybody come up with a good solution? My attempts so far have failed dismally.

Only way is a hood with or without extraction build around the back, sides and top of the rear of the saw.

Rgds

Noel

Yep, I can only agree. I've looked into this quite a bit recently, and all the on-line solutions are based on a hood - and all of them admit the result is far from perfect even then. It's a major pain in the posterior, isn't it? :(

Cheers, Alf

I have a DW712 and it's a great saw but the extraction is pants! I can't see any practical way of sorting it so i just hoover up afterwards :(

Scott":3jk2frin said:
I have a DW712 and it's a great saw but the extraction is pants! I can't see any practical way of sorting it so i just hoover up afterwards :(

The problem is solved by not using the saw. :x

Mines the same (axminster aws10) got a hose rigged up but there is till plenty of dust at the back .

Back