Mitre saw cupboard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaco

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I had better get around to building this as it was on a rickty old stand I made long ago, so as storage is at a premium in my workshop I thought I'd combine the two and put a couple of drawers in also...

I made the height the same as the table saw and bench so an big pieces of wood could be held by them, as wings weren't an option due to lack of space!... :cry:

mitrecupboard.jpg

I bought full extension drawer runners from Screwfix £7.50 a pair which I think is a good price as they are really sturdy...

mitrecupboarddraweropen.jpg

Also had my first attempt at box joints using a jig I made up for the table saw using a dreaded DADO BLADE....Shhhhhsh... :oops:

boxjoint.jpg

And this final pic is where it lives most of the time in the workshop...

inplace.jpg

I might even get around to painting it one day............then again probably not! :roll:

Hey Lee

A good looking saw deserves a good looking mounting table. :D
I particular like the box joints. My favorite joint. :lol:
What do you plan on putting in those big drawers as Mitre saws don't require many side tools?

Looks good paint or no. Thanks for showing :D

Travis

Hi Lee

That's another idea I'm going to use. Thank you.

Are the wheels from Screwfix? Are they ok and if so, which ones are they?

Cheers
Neil

Despite being functional, it's also good looking. Nice one :) !

Gill

Newbie_Neil":7oydyr81 said:
Hi Lee

That's another idea I'm going to use. Thank you.

Are the wheels from Screwfix? Are they ok and if so, which ones are they?

Cheers
Neil

Hi Neil

The wheels are from Axminster tools and are very good they lock really well and an added bonus is they were cheap, the fixed ones were about £1.95 and the swivel ones were £2.95 each, bargin but I have had them about a year but I doubt that they have gone up much?....... :lol:

Philly":hkg4e72v said:
Nice Job Lee!
Pity you don't need the saw now you have a Unisaw, eh? :wink:
Cheers
Philly :lol:

Hi Phil

The Mitre saw is quicker and easier and can cope with stock up to about six inches in height and is a great addition to my workshop..... :wink:

Travis Byrne":i454j64f said:
Hey Lee

What do you plan on putting in those big drawers as Mitre saws don't require many side tools?

Looks good paint or no. Thanks for showing :D

Travis

Hi Travis

Don't worry there's a list of bits just waiting to jump in the drawers...although yourright none of it will be for the saw itself... :oops:

Very nice, lots of storage there :wink:

What is the green sheet used on the drawer front, is that also MDF?

CYC

Nice Lee. Very nice. Confused about the painting as it appears to be painted already (my wood comes in more of a brownish colour :lol: ) and matches the bench at the side of it

CYC":1hks41bo said:
Very nice, lots of storage there :wink:

What is the green sheet used on the drawer front, is that also MDF?

CYC

The greenish material is moisture resistant MDF, it was left over from when I made my kitchen...

Back