mitre saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, I found somewhere for my planer blades, now I need a new blade for my 12" draper mitre saw. Its seen some work (2 workshops, 4 decking jobs, 3 laminate floors ...).

Its 304mm (12") with a 25mm bore (NOT 30mm :-( )

I`m going to have the one I`ve got re-sharped (few new teeth needed), but I really want an ultra fine cut replacement as well, any ideas on how many teeth?????

any ideas on where to source a blade? I have looked and found a few, but am wondering if anyone knows of somewhere good.....

Kity

I have seen lots of blades for sale with various reducers included in the packaging to take the arbour down from 30mm. I definitely saw some Freuds that came with these.

I'd agree.... go with the usual suppliers, Trend, Freud, DeWalt etc etc and use a reducer to bring it down to 25mm. (I think Trend supply them).
For ultra fine cut at that size I guess you're looking at 80+ teeth.

Check the washer jobbies that actually bear on the blade are large enough to still do so, rather than bearing on the reducer. DAMHIKT. With a 25mm bore you should be okay, but better safe...

Cheers, Alf

Sorry Alf....... Could you re-phrase that. Can't quite make sense of it, but I'd like to know what you mean! :wink:

Kityuser

Try Axminster, I replaced my blade not long ago and they have the full range of reducers.

They are still doing next day delivery.

Waka

Aragorn":34c955kj said:
Sorry Alf....... Could you re-phrase that. Can't quite make sense of it, but I'd like to know what you mean! :wink:

Alf is saying that you need to make sure that the blade gets clamped when you do up the arbour nut and not just the reduction ring

As Dave says, just make sure your arbor washer is larger than the reducing ring. Otherwise all you are securing is the ring and the blade may, nay, will turn a bit schizophrenic.

Rgds

Noel

Got it - thanks Dave et al.
It would be a little risky if only the reducer was clamped!

DaveL":27vrl1d3 said:
Alf is saying that you need to make sure that the blade gets clamped when you do up the arbour nut and not just the reduction ring
I inherited a circular saw with various blades & reduction bushes.
Some were thicker than the blade so wouldn't clamp it.
Those bushes are just gathering dust til I get them ground to fit. :?

Latest posts

Back