Mitre Saw and Angles ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Thrax

Established Member
Reaction score
I came up against a problem that hasn't presented itself before as I haven't needed to cut angles greater than 45 degrees on my mitre saw but my question is, is there an easy way to cut angles greater than 45 degrees on a mitre saw and if there is what is it ?

Not tried this, but if you cut an angle at the difference between 45 and the angle you require - say 15 deg. for a 60 deg. cut - on a piece of timber, then clamp this on the bed and use it as a guide fence. Then run your wood along this 15deg. face and it should cut at 60 deg. :wink: I think...not 100% sure but it may work.Don't quote me though :D
Hope that was clear enough, I'm not sure how best to explain it really

HTH

Gary

Cut a piece of ply or MDF at 45º (about 300mm²) and place it against the fence of you mitre saw so that the 45º angle bit is coming out from the centre of the fence (if you see what I mean!). You need to clamp this in place somehow - I use the hold down clamp that comes with the saw.
This piece of ply now becomes you new fence. Support longer pieces on an outfeed. With your saw set to 0º you'll cut a 45º. Set it to 10º and you'll cut a 55º etc.
Hope that makes sense!

Back