Mitre guage sizes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceemark

Reaction score
hello first time poster here, I have just bought a Wickes/Draper 1500w 250 mm table saw, and as usual the mitre gauge is a pile of rubbish, I have been looking to replace it, but all the after market mitre gauges seem to be 3/4 inch wide, the Wickes/Draper machine, has a 3/8 (11mm) wide slot. Is this usual?
thanks
Clint

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that but welcome to the forum anyway. At least, this post will bump your thread to the top where someone who knows may see it.

Jim

Welcome Clint,

You are correct standard fences are 3/4". It is usually possible to fit a non standard bar but the performance of a quality fence will soon outclass most other features of your saw. Lack of repeatability is the main problem with this class of machine and you can rarely trust it from cut to cut
If it is a recent purchase you might want to think about returning it or selling it on.

Sorry if this seems a bit blunt but I feel others here will agree in principle with what I've said.

Bob

Back