Miter Locks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabian

Reaction score
Hi
First post, so I wasn't sure where to start the post. General seems to cover my question so here I am.

I have one of those Dewalt site table saw's which is just right for my tiny shed, and I mean tiny (6' X 8'). You would think that a well-known name like Dewalt would be everything you'd want in a table saw but your wrong. One main thing wrong with it is the base isn't magnetic.

I bought a feather board so pieces that were being cut wouldn't jump about while I was cutting them. But it wouldn't stick to the surface of the table.

Anyway, I thought about it and came up with the idea of a sprung hinge screwed to a mitre block but I'm stuck on how to secure the mitre runner in the slot to stop it moving as run the material through the saw. There isn't much room in the slot with the mitre sat in it so has anyone come across this problem and how did you resolve it.

Thanks a lot.

Fabian.

Here's one DIY solution:

[youtube]I6k3rgLzv_A[/youtube]

(I haven't tried this, but it is on the to-do list)

There are 100's of featherboards available with bolts that fit the dewalt. I use a bench dog make. Its easy to use.

Hi
I feel rather stupid now that you've shown me a couple of ways to lock the mitre runner in place. All it really needs is a bolt with a head that will sit in the mitre slot without coming out and just screw a nut with a large washer onto it. That should hold it in place.

So simple when you give it some thought.

Thanks a lot, guys.

Back