MIT online electronics course

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
https://6002x.mitx.mit.edu/

Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), one of the world's top-rated universities, has announced its first free course which can be studied and assessed completely online.

An electronics course, beginning in March, will be the first prototype of an online project, known as MITx.

The interactive course is designed to be fully automated, with successful students receiving a certificate.

Looks interesting, although I presume the business model is to bundle it with paying courses leading to higher qualifications at a later date - kind of like the OU does?

Not sure about the requirements though, been a while since I did algebra and differential equations!

In order to succeed in this course, you must have taken an AP level physics course in electricity and magnetism. You must know basic calculus and linear algebra and have some background in differential equations. Since more advanced mathematics will not show up until the second half of the course, the first half of the course will include an optional remedial differential equations component for those who need it.

The course web site was developed and tested primarily with Google Chrome. We support current versions of Mozilla Firefox as well. The video player is designed to work with Flash. While we provide a partial non-Flash fallback for the video, as well as partial support for Internet Explorer, other browsers, and tablets, portions of the functionality will be unavailable.

eventhough i am a fully qualified (i hope !) analog designer, i just registered on the course...out of curiosity and also hoping to re-learn the basics !

Just signed up. I must admit the mathematical requirements are a little daunting. I've not done that sort of maths in twenty or so years. Apparently they are running a remedial course for some of the maths so maybe that will refresh the old memory a bit. We should set up the UKWorkshop virtual study group :)

Back