• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Mistral Pen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah Phil supplies some good quality kits, his ink isn't bad either. Nice blank you've clothed that one in and nicely finished. (y)

TheTiddles

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the Beaufort kits are the highest quality you can buy, but they still aren’t good enough, here’s my daily use pen and after a year or so the platings all tarnished through, they’ve not gotten appreciably worse for the the following few years to now, but I wish someone would make some properly high end kits
31D314EA-A414-4720-BACB-B6524F8BEA78.jpeg

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score

Are excellent when they have them. They should be, looking at the price. :)
I read somewhere a while back to avoid gold plated ones as the plating is so thin.

One of the best things about leaving school was never again having to use a fountain pen. :LOL:

TheTiddles

Established Member
Reaction score
£22 for a kit, seems too cheap to me. The second they are back in stock I’ll try one, the step behind the grip is a bit undignified, has anyone tried one, how do they feel?

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I found these useful for comparative measurements, one metric and one imperial will nearly fit everything. If the turned part or the kit part is just smaller than the hole so long as the matching piece protrudes to same degree you're good to go. Easier than using a mic. or a vernier.

MAC65

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
£22 for a kit, seems too cheap to me. The second they are back in stock I’ll try one, the step behind the grip is a bit undignified, has anyone tried one, how do they feel?
Made this Shakespeare rollaball/]fountain set a few years ago, always seemed a shame to use them. Its a nice kit and goes together well, Feels ok.
4C56FEC3-DC87-4E21-A11A-72566DE0027D.jpeg

Latest posts