Missed out ebay auction, alright, who was it...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how there are still eBay sellers who think - 'I want to get rid of all those things so I'll put them up as one lot' when for a few minutes more work to create separate listings they could make hundreds of pounds more. Definitely a "bargin" for someone!

Some just don't want the hassle I guess. Better for bidders!

I've been keeping an eye out for a lathe and tools recently but managed to mess up my bidding at the last minute. Oh well, you win some, you loose some.... (shuffles feet and mutters under breath)

mickthetree":pzrraqlz said:
Some just don't want the hassle I guess. Better for bidders!

I've been keeping an eye out for a lathe and tools recently but managed to mess up my bidding at the last minute. Oh well, you win some, you loose some.... (shuffles feet and mutters under breath)
I think it's best (and easiest) either to bid your maximum and leave eBay to bid incrementally for you or use the free snipe on Goofbay.
Messing about trying to bid manually in the last few seconds leads to disasters - as you've discovered.

AndyT":qfal47xu said:
Funny how there are still eBay sellers who think - 'I want to get rid of all those things so I'll put them up as one lot' when for a few minutes more work to create separate listings they could make hundreds of pounds more. Definitely a "bargin" for someone!
It does puzzle me too - I reckon this particular lot could easily have made double.

mickthetree":4ajmkj7y said:
I was bidding on this but missed out:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110848631546#ht_500wt_1184

such a haul. Foredom wood carver with loads of attachments, loads of great quality chisels, boxes of hss router bits and a cordless hedge trimmer to boot ?!?!

Who was it?? :D

Only 2 bids?

If I'd seen that I would have gone for it as well #-o

Tough luck - someone has managed a steal.

Bob

Latest posts

Back