Misleading Information from Woodford

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
In my quest for an Xcalibar I noticed that the specification information for the 10" 806 and the 12" 807 are identical, this being the case then why is there such a large difference in price.

A call to the man at woodford asking for an explanation reveals that they were unaware that the spec's were the same and blsmed it on the website builders, but they said they would get this recitified as soon as possible.

I then asked what table saw these spec's related to and was informed that this was for the 10" 806. Because they did me such a good deal I ended up buyinbg the 12" 807 and find that the spec's on the website are not for the 10" 806 buy for the 12" 807, I call to Philly so we can compare measurements confirms this.

Another discussion with woodfords about thier misleading information took place (still there 4 weeks later), I explained that if I ordered a 10" 806 after reviewing their spec's I'd be a little p----d off if I didn't get what I though I was getting.

So if you are thinking of going down the Xcalibar slope be aware that the spec's for the 10" 806 are actually for the 12" 807.

Apart form this I have to say that the guys at woodford have been very helpful in dealing with my purchase and chasing up the bits that were damaged in transit, should get them this week. Their only problem is that they still haven't sorted out the specification information on their website.

and i dont think they will when i got my saw the price on the web was less than the shop price i pointed this out to them and they blamed the guy who done the web site ,a friend of the boss i was told, i got my saw at the web price they were not very happy about it but i stuck to my guns and got it ,that was back at the start of the year . waka i bet it is not fitted with an nvr switch so make sure you hit the red button dont just switch it off at the wall . ps it seems a bit odd that they never look at there own advertisments .

I always get worried when Waka calls and asks for a comparision :oops: :lol:
Their website stills needs some work by the sounds of it. :?
(And for all you Table saw fans-Waka has got a monster Unisaw! I think he could rent it out as a cast iron landing strip to the RAF! :lol: )
Cheers
Philly :D

mike dont be daft it will sink :wink: i got a litle parcel today for my woodford :D

ooh ok then it was a eb3 just like yours philly and a scraper set all in with postage it was £152 the c/e and parcel force wanted £25.68 when i asked the driver about any charges he said no one told him to collect it so he didn't :lol: :lol:eek:h yes and i got a nice tool drool catalogue

I'd have to agree with Philly. The Osborne is a nice bit of kit.

The only really annoying thing I found was that when I added the abrasive strip to the guage, small bits of abrasive particles kept getting dislodged every time I used it and caused small scratches in the cast iron top.

I have removed the strip now and am looking for an alternative as it's defineitely useful to have it there.

Jeff

I was wondering what a eb3 was so I take it one of these ?
eb3-241.gif

Back