Misheard lyrics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dire Straights - Keep your sofa away from me

Nick Kershaw - Where a gnome in a barrel goes around and around

Motorheads ace of spades:
And dont forget to choke yeah!
In reality it was
And dont forgot the joker!

Last edited:
The Squeeze song "Labelled with love"

It has the line "So the past has been bottled and labelled with love"

When I first heard it on the radio, and for quite a few plays afterwards, I was amazed that they were playing a very sick song about an abortion because I heard
"the bar stewards been bottled and labelled with love"

Shocking Blue "...Well, I'm your Venus, I'm your fire, at your desire..."

I thought, that can't be right. It took me many listenings to catch that it was "Venus".

Eddie Cochran's 'Drive in Show': I bet my pe*is to a candy bar. It's peanuts of course.

Showing my age with this one. Eddie Cochran was just great.

Now you’ve said that Phil, I shall have to listen again to the lyrics, I can’t believe I’ve listened to that all these years and never made the connection Doh!
Bit like the "lesser spotted throat warbler" or whatever it’s called, it doesn’t mean it has less spots it means it’s not spotted as often, took me a long time to realise that!

Now you’ve said that Phil, I shall have to listen again to the lyrics, I can’t believe I’ve listened to that all these years and never made the connection Doh!
Bit like the "lesser spotted throat warbler" or whatever it’s called, it doesn’t mean it has less spots it means it’s not spotted as often, took me a long time to realise that!
I don't think so. There is a lesser spotted woodpecker, and a great spotted woodpecker. Maybe some others in between. I don't believe it is a reference to the frequency of observation.

Could it be "Nights in white satin" describing a night of sensual pleasure (or a night of slipping and sliding in the bedsheets)?

Cheers, Vann
Always thought the white satin was the paper the letters were written on, either I have just stated the very obvious and everyone here knew that or I really missed the point - I'm not going to win this one

I don't think so. There is a lesser spotted woodpecker, and a great spotted woodpecker. Maybe some others in between. I don't believe it is a reference to the frequency of observation.
Well I don’t really know much about birds at all, but this is what it says on a conservation site, Ian
Ps I think it means we could both be right lol.

B370F254-A554-4BD1-BD62-6F5D06F583BC.png

Back