Mirrored Bathroom Cabinet Doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a bathroom cabinet which has mirrors on the doors. With the doors closed it just looks like two mirrors. The mirrors, when you open the doors, have no visible fixings to the door core (I think it is MFC wrapped); however there is a small gap between door core and mirror. I can't work out how the mirror is fixed!

So my question for you clever people is how is the mirror fixed to the door core?

Mirror adhesive, it comes in tubes like silicon sealant but doesnt eat the mirror backing, or they some times use double sided tape.

Ghengis":2g0bvco9 said:
Mirror adhesive, it comes in tubes like silicon sealant but doesnt eat the mirror backing, or they some times use double sided tape.

Will these degrade over time? I don't want 7 years bad luck because they fell off & smashed :oops:

Charlie Woody":wurglryy said:
Ghengis":wurglryy said:

Will these degrade over time? I don't want 7 years bad luck because they fell off & smashed :oops:

No, if you buy the proper stuff made for fixing mirrors.

If you just use the nearest tube of generic sealant, Yes.

Yes the mirror adhesive works well. I built a bathroom cabinet with a large mirror on the front I think it was around 600 x 400 and it was solid as a rock. I had to weight it down and leave overnight but it worked fine on MDF.

mailee":xtiu0zt0 said:
Yes the mirror adhesive works well. I built a bathroom cabinet with a large mirror on the front I think it was around 600 x 400 and it was solid as a rock. I had to weight it down and leave overnight but it worked fine on MDF.
Thats not a large mirror! LMAO I regularly fix 1800h 700w mirrors in bathrooms with mirror adhesive, just prop up over night and there fine.

Caution ...never use silicon sealant, it fixes fine but in time will eat the backing of your mirror

Back