Mirka Deros Problem, maybe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
My dad bought a Deros in 2018, I've used it a lot and its been great. However, I've recently been getting a tingling feeling (like pins and needles) in my hand when I use it. This could (probably is) be due to being old and being work related but the sander also sounds a bit rough to me.

I was using it the day, and noticed if the central portion of the disc isn't contacting what you are sanding, it stops spinning. I was using the front portion of the disc. Its easily noticeable because of the yellow/black backing pad. It still orbits, though.

I suggested contacting where he bought it from (think it was Axminster) but he can't find receipt, guarantee has expired, etc. He thinks its fine, I don't think he's interested to be honest.
I would like to see if there is something wrong with it, so any advice would be welcome? I've looked at an exploded diagram of it and can't see anything obvious.

A while ago, I had a Dewalt ROS that exhibited something similar (it would take ages to stop spinning when switched off). That was an easy fix, an easily accessible belt had snapped. Looking at the diagram, the Deros is pretty different.

I've tried contacting Mirka, and haven't received any replies yet.

Thanks guys, I'll try contacting Mirka again. If I can find the receipt, I'll also try contacting Axminster. I'm not expecting much as its nearly 3 years old. It has a 2 year warranty, with an extra year if you register it. Unfortunately, my dad doesn't think he registered it. Which is unusual, as he usually registers things like this the moment they are delivered.:D

Back