Mirka Deros 650 Extractor Port - Thread Specifications

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Hawkins

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to 3D print a port adapter for my Deros. Grateful if someone could identify the thread for me. The diameter of the port is 25.4mm (a familiar number - one inch). The thread separation is 4.5mm as close as I can measure it - which I guess equates to (25.4/4.5) 5.64 TPI. I have actually found a 3D file (STL for those familiar with 3D printing) that works perfectly, but for some reason it was designed with a LH thread. Even better if someone knew how this thread could be achieved in Fusion 360.

Thanks

Chris

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 09.41.51.png
Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 09.51.42.png

Is it even a thread ?
Connections to those are usually made with a push on rubbery fitting.
I have the deros and the Mirka hose made to fit it and I think it's a push on, not a screw fit.

By the way, the Mirka hose is:
1. Antistatic
2. tapered
3. Universal at the vacuum end
4. The lightest and most flexible hose out there
5. Cheaper by far than any other branded hose.

Why 3D print an adapter ? Just buy the Mirka hose to fit.
Even if you already have a hose and even if it's the expensive braided Festool version, the Mirka hose is worth the price because of the better handling.

Thanks Sideways - appreciate the reply. Yes, I have both Mirka and Festool hoses; the hoses are push-fit and they do fit. A screw adapter does work - I have one - it's just LH and I want RH. It's not essential - I just don't like being beaten :)

Back