Mirka Ceros sander problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I know there are a few Ceros sander (650CV) users out there. Mine is giving me a bit of grief. 6 months ago it went away for repair (outside of warranty period) as it was intermittently refusing to start - the led on the power unit would turn red as soon as the paddle switch on the sander was pressed. Turn off for 5 mins, then it'd be fine. For a few days, or a few minutes. No rhyme or reason to the fault.

Got the sander back, all seemed fine. Several months later, it started doing the same again. Holidays and work meant that I didn't get around to phoning the repair agent until September, only to be told that the "repair" had a 3 month warranty which had now expired and i'd have to pay again for a diagnosis. Bit loathed to do that as the repair carried out was to replace the power cable which runs to the sander, at a cost of £91!

I'm now beginning to wonder whether I am being a bit heavy handed with it - I do tend to press down quite hard, rather than letting the sander do the work. Maybe overheating?

Any other similar experiences?

Cheers

Karl

I have found with my Deros that if you don't press down on it, you can't do anything much with it ,can you? :D
have had few ongoing faults with mine as well, honestly I'm not sure if I would even buy another mirka sander now because they just aren't reliable at all...They are the nicest sanders there are, but lack of quality seriously bothers me..

thinking about selling mine before the warranty runs out and buying a new unit will full warranty again, as I know I will get stranded one day with it and will be left with a huge bill for an unreliable machine.
I think I saw one place reporting where they had tons of different sanders, for every 1 problematic festool sanders there were 4-5 problematic mirka ones..says a lot... #-o

No direct experience, but there have been a few threads on FOG over the years that mention cable failures on the Ceros/Deros (e.g. here) - it does seem to be a weak point.

Back