Mirka ceros 625 advice help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the 5mm orbit, and it's been great. I think the 2.5mm would be better if you were de-nibbing paint & lacquer finishes with it.

Cheers

Karl

thanks thats what i fort but there closed till monday hopefully i can get them to change it for the 5.0 as they should not have sent it out yet i did tell them i wanted it mainly for getting wood ready for a finish as well using it to sand finish as well

So .... you reckon the 2.5 is too fine for finishing Oak ? - :? that was what I was going to plump for.

Chris.

Scrums":158rxvbs said:
So .... you reckon the 2.5 is too fine for finishing Oak ? - :? that was what I was going to plump for.

Chris.

No, that's not what I meant. 2.5mm IS for fine finishing (although I referred specifically to de-nibbing, I didn't mean that was all it was good for). If that's all you want it for, then 2.5mm is the way to go. But I wanted something which was capable of taking off that bit more a bit quicker, which was why I went for the 5mm orbit. Even so, it still leaves an excellent finish.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Karl

Not sure I agree with you, Karl. If you look at the Mirka promo stuff, 2.5mm seems mainly aimed at car body filler. I use the 5mm orbit and the finish is perfectly OK. The Ceros is up there at the top three of my All-Time Great Tools.

Just going from others comments on the other side Roger - I think it's Lynx who has the 2.5mm for final finishing (we won't mention that his sander blew up and Mirka said he'd been working it too hard, or something along those lines :lol: )

Back