minimax c22 review advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy3061

Reaction score
hi all this is my first post :) im setting up a small workshop and still need to buy a spindle moulder and a planer thicknesser... have been offered a Minimax C22 Woodworking combination machine. does anyone have any reviews?
space isnt an issue but money is....this machine is about £900 with plenty of tooling/blades etc with it.
any advice gratefully appreciated

If you have space then don't get a combination machine. A small workshop doesn't really need a spindle moulder either. £900 you could equip yourself with a Jet 260, a really nice machine or buy a nice pair of second hand planer and standalone thicknesser if you keep your eye on ebay.

Whereabouts are you finding the JPT-260 for that price Chems? If it were that price I'd consider one myself when I buy (the next machine on my list is a P/T) but at £1150 from Axminster it's too expensive for a 10" P/T I think, if I go new I'm looking at the Axminster AW106-PT2 or the Scheppach probably.

Its jumped up in price, it used to be around the £900 mark, I've seen some real bargain ones go on ebay and through the forums in the last year so I'd keep an eye out.

Minimax are really good quality in my experience. Go for it. Combi machines are very good value compared to stand alones and the tooling could be worth a bit.
Can't imagine why Chems thinks a small workshop doesn't really need a spindle moulder - everybody needs one! Starting to use one in a combi is a good introduction especially if it comes with a few tools.

Back