Miniature Spindle Moulder "Mini Mould" for routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried this? Its a arbour for routers, and then a range of cutter heads a little like a spindle moulder.

http://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/Mini_Mould_86.html

Mini1.jpg

Img359.gif

Mini2.jpg

Giving profiles like this: (etc this is 1 of many)

Th370.gif

Nice and cheap , but what can you do with it ?
A few reeds and maybe make your own decking , why bother !
Now if they did a range of cutters 0.5x0.5 that you could stack up and in or out then i would buy it .But they wont cause then it will make all thier other cutters they charge alot of dosh for worthless :x

JFC":ufbyaacy said:
Nice and cheap , but what can you do with it ?
Well... Side beads, centre beads, double/triple/quadruple/etc reeds with the first cutter alone. Actually that compendium of possible mouldings they've done is quite informative. Possibly many of the limitations are less a feature of the cutters and more in the eyes of the beholder; we're sadly under-exposed to the use of mouldings in our woodwork these days. Although, having said which, there's some serious depth limitation there in some cases, which wouldn't be a problem with a plane of course... :whistle: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3r9m0lwy said:
we're sadly under-exposed to the use of mouldings in our woodwork these days.

Hear, hear. I am continually surprised by how much difference to the appearance of a piece, the simplest feature can make. A simple cock beading on a drawer, a bead on a rail and so forth can dramatically alter the impression the piece creates. Of course the alteration doesn't always improve the look! I generally try it in a piece of scrap and hold that up in the same orientation as it will be on the furniture it might adorn, to see if it will work.

Like i said a few reeds and ok a few beads but for starting out i think your better off spending the same amount of money on a cheap box set of cutters that will give you more choice in mouldings .

Back