• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Miniature Spindle Moulder "Mini Mould" for routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice and cheap , but what can you do with it ?
A few reeds and maybe make your own decking , why bother !
Now if they did a range of cutters 0.5x0.5 that you could stack up and in or out then i would buy it .But they wont cause then it will make all thier other cutters they charge alot of dosh for worthless :x

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
JFC":ufbyaacy said:
Nice and cheap , but what can you do with it ?
Well... Side beads, centre beads, double/triple/quadruple/etc reeds with the first cutter alone. Actually that compendium of possible mouldings they've done is quite informative. Possibly many of the limitations are less a feature of the cutters and more in the eyes of the beholder; we're sadly under-exposed to the use of mouldings in our woodwork these days. Although, having said which, there's some serious depth limitation there in some cases, which wouldn't be a problem with a plane of course... :whistle: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf":3r9m0lwy said:
we're sadly under-exposed to the use of mouldings in our woodwork these days.
Hear, hear. I am continually surprised by how much difference to the appearance of a piece, the simplest feature can make. A simple cock beading on a drawer, a bead on a rail and so forth can dramatically alter the impression the piece creates. Of course the alteration doesn't always improve the look! I generally try it in a piece of scrap and hold that up in the same orientation as it will be on the furniture it might adorn, to see if it will work.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Like i said a few reeds and ok a few beads but for starting out i think your better off spending the same amount of money on a cheap box set of cutters that will give you more choice in mouldings .