Miniature Queen Anne chest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodbloke":e13g58l2 said:
TheTiddles":e13g58l2 said:
I don't like the piece at all but the workmanship is stunning, well done!

Aidan
Same here, repro stuff isn't for me - Rob

Rob, It was more of an exercise for some practice as it involved a lot of different skills some of which I don't use that often (if ever) It is a third year piece done by the students at Newark College, I make jewellery boxes as a hobby and thought this would kill two birds with one stone, a fancy box plus some practice.....'er indoors collared it, now she wants something to put in it, no chance!!!!

Andy

I think it is stunning. Whether you like it or not, the time, effort, skill and patience that goes into something like that cannot be underestimated. Really nice piece of work :mrgreen:

Regards

Riclepp

I spend a good many of my 'Days out' visiting period houses and collections of the past contents of the same, whenever given access, a fair bit of time admiring the craftsmanship applied to the construction and finishing of the funiture.
Entering a room with that piece on display would engender the same level of appreciation, it shouts "pride in my work" and finish looks superb.

Thanks guys, I put it into a nearby village show (a small village hall thingy) today and was inundated with questions, there were a few turned items on show and yes you guessed it ...bowls....

Richard....2 or 3 Para?

Andy

I apparently missed this one the first time around...

andersonec":138b166v said:
I really should do some wip pictures!

If you have the photos, then yes - you should! It'd be fascinating to see. Having an empirical understanding of how something's done isn't quite the same thing as seeing it in progress!

(Also: as others have said - it's an impressive piece, and excellent taste in music. ;-))

Back