Mini compressor - Senco 5ltr, 0.5hp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a wee compressor for the workshop, and its just mainly to use with a brad or veneer pinner.
As we all know, compressors can be seriously loud, but this small one made by Senco appears to be really quiet.
It's the Senco AC8305, available via screwfix for a bit over 200 quid, with seems a fair price for a low noise one.
I know you can get 24 and 50ltr for less than that but those are the noisy pippers and i dont need it for anything other than brad or other nail/staple guns.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/senco-ac8305-5ltr-brushless-electric-low-noise-compressor-230v/357pg
The actual reason for this is I fancy a veneer pinner, and air versions are seriously cheaper and easier to get than electrical versions.

So does anyone have this can offer a review or a copy etc etc.

Ta.

When I started out 10 years ago I had the same approach as you in regard to only wanting one for air nailer use, but soon I found myself using it for other things and regretted buying only a 6L capacity at the time because it was constantly refilling (I eventually got a 24L). I mention it as it may be a consideration to bear in mind if you have the space.

Rob has given a decent alternative worth looking into:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hyundai-Electric-Compressor-Release-Fittings/dp/B07TJQZLSF
Slightly cheaper, an 8 litre tank, and the noise level emitted is much improved over other oil-free direct drive versions available.

another thing to look for is OIL FREE....that way as long as u can get to the drain occ, so no maintenence. U can tuck it away and almost for get.....
I got an oil free screamer from Aldi more than 20 years ago and still going strong....
the other good thing is when it falls over in the truck....there's no mess....

I think most of these smaller compressors are noisy simply because they relie on RPM and very small pistons. I have a little SGS with a 50 litre tank and that is ok outside but it is an annoying noise if I compare it to my old Broom & Wade which just had a nice gentle boomp, boomp noise but then that had an 11Kw motor and a huge tank so did not run continous like my SGS.

@petermillard has a YT video of his quiet compressor he uses with a cheapie nailer - it's about £150 from Amazon. Might be alternative?

What that vid tells me is Peter Millard is obsessed with buying tools :LOL: Just how many plunge saws do you need :LOL:

thanks though, I'll look into that one, and you're likely right on the receiver size. 24 would be more versatile.

I've got the Hyundai one size above the peter Millard one and can confirm it's an excellent little compressor which runs very quietly

What that vid tells me is Peter Millard is obsessed with buying tools :LOL: Just how many plunge saws do you need :LOL:

thanks though, I'll look into that one, and you're likely right on the receiver size. 24 would be more versatile.

Never mind the plunge saws - have you seen his array of routers? - I have 6 and thought that was excessive!

I'm thinking of getting a wee compressor for the workshop, and its just mainly to use with a brad or veneer pinner.
As we all know, compressors can be seriously loud, but this small one made by Senco appears to be really quiet.
It's the Senco AC8305, available via screwfix for a bit over 200 quid, with seems a fair price for a low noise one.
I know you can get 24 and 50ltr for less than that but those are the noisy pippers and i dont need it for anything other than brad or other nail/staple guns.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/senco-ac8305-5ltr-brushless-electric-low-noise-compressor-230v/357pg
The actual reason for this is I fancy a veneer pinner, and air versions are seriously cheaper and easier to get than electrical versions.

Ta.
I was also looking to buy a quiet compressor
I have my eyes on a Stanley fat max
Not sure if it will run a nailer

I have the 25Ltr Hyundai "Silent" compressor and believe me it is!!. Had to change my old one (3 cylinder,100 Ltr,VV noisy) as we are moving house and do not want to upset the new neighbours when I build my new workshop (yes ,another workshop build, possibly with pictures) . I bought mine from hyundaipowerproductfactoryoutlet on Ebay for £103.67 as a graded item , it arrived next day and had no problems except for a bit tatty box. The only problem with this compressor is it has a very small lead so needs making longer.
This powers my old Rockworth nailer.

Hyundai HY7524 5.2CFM, 1HP, 24 Litre Oil Free Direct Drive Silenced ***GRADED***
Hyundai HY7524 5.2CFM, 1HP, 24 Litre Oil Free Direct Drive Silenced ***GRADED***
(293413963985)

Estimated delivery Mon 11 Apr
Tracking number: 5354604371
This item has been dispatched.

PAID

Dispatched on 07/04/22

Feedback left

Feedback received
ITEM PRICE:£103.67

If the noise is the concern I’d highly recommend a Bambi compressor their used in dentist’s almost noise free they are expensive to buy new but reasonable on auction sites and like I’ve had mine for 10 years and no problems.

Attachments

• 0AB5BAA4-C072-487E-AC52-FC814BB843B6.jpeg
    0AB5BAA4-C072-487E-AC52-FC814BB843B6.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 0
https://www.screwfix.com/p/senco-ac8305-5ltr-brushless-electric-low-noise-compressor-230v/357pghttps://www.rutlands.com/sp+nailing...sor-premium-silent-compressor-rutlands®+r7100The actual reason for this is I fancy a veneer pinner, and air versions are seriously cheaper and easier to get than electrical versions.

Ta.
I decided I needed a quiet compressor for exactly the same purpose. I chose the Rutlands "Premium Silent Compressor" at just £10 more than the Screwfix. It is fine for shooting headless pins and 18g brads up to 50mm. It is genuinely quiet and the pressure regulation is excellent. I can use it in the house without SWMBO even knowing I'm using it.

I know nothing about the Senco unit. Although listed by Screwfix, it is supplied direct from their supplier which raises questions about rejection or service.

I considered the Hyundai, but I wouldn't fancy carrying that about with one hand, However I'm sure it's more appropriate if you need to use with other tools and blowguns that require a higher flow rate and you only need to move it around the workshop.

Never mind the plunge saws - have you seen his array of routers? - I have 6 and thought that was excessive!
I chatted with PM over this, and agreed with him, that we pros tend to leave a bit permanently in a router so saving time when doing a big multi edge / routing operations. Then I counted up my lot and I'm 😱 worse than PM I have 15, 3 trim routers 2 of are Ryobi cordless, 1 fixed under a table, 1 in a horizontal table, couple fessie s for general routing and a Triton for the big bits.( Replacing my dead elu Mof177e😭)

These low noise compressors use a flexible diaphragm instead of a piston in a bore. That's why they're quiet. They probably wear out faster but maybe a cheap easy fix if you can get replacement parts. A properly quiet compressor is a game changer !
I'd like one that marries the bigger 1HP motor with a smaller tank (say 6 to 12 litres) for portability.

Ta.
I have a senco pc1010 3.8 ltr it’s very quiet and I’ve had it 12 years and it’s used weekly I honestly can’t believe it’s still going there currently on offer for £139 at toolstop with free delivery

Back