Mini CNC machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
It might do the job, but it might be a paper weight. Those little machines are literally for " engraving" .
There is also software to be considered, and a bit of a learning curve too.
If it is really a one off need I suggest asking someone with a cnc to run the job for you. I would offer, but my machine has been flooded and is out of action.

However if you want to get one just for the fun of it , go ahead you will find more uses for it once you have it running.

Ollie

I used to have one (now upgraded). I was pleased with it, and was very happy with the results. Just cut slow and shallow.

Attachments

• 20190728_160336.jpg
    20190728_160336.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20191003_185734.jpg
    20191003_185734.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 20191211_173439.jpg
    20191211_173439.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 55
After lots of reading and watching YouTube stuff today I have splashed out - but rather than buying from Aliexpress or Banggood I ordered from Amazon (at a modest premium on the price) on the basi that if it's no good it's no big deal to send it back and get a refund. BUT, I'm pretty positive that it'll do what I want . . . and then more as I get new ideas!

keep us up to date as I am interested in how it works out...
which one did you go for?

I have a client who has one and does work well so long as you don't push the boundaries. In depth of sped of cut.

Cheers James

Has anyone any experience of the mini CNC routers from China?

- something like this : 130.5US $ 55% OFF|CNC 3018 Pro 2 in 1 Woodworking Engraving Machine & Laser Engraving Machine DIY Mini CNC Machine 3 Axis Pcb Milling Machine|Wood Routers| - AliExpress

I have an almost one-off need for some small items and wonder whether it might do the job? My knowledge of CNC is less than minimal but I'd be willing it to give it a punt for the relatively low cost

All comments/thoughts appreciated

Do you have a link to the Amazon one?

Looks interesting.....

Cheers James

Thanks

Good idea for my local men's shed.

As I know someone who is into them.

Cheers James

Interested to see how you get on.

Could just be Chinese translation, but reading the amazon full description it does say
" ...no lack of support and resources available when you get stuck...."
Not IF you get stuck? :D:D:D

Has anyone any experience of the mini CNC routers from China?

- something like this : 130.5US $ 55% OFF|CNC 3018 Pro 2 in 1 Woodworking Engraving Machine & Laser Engraving Machine DIY Mini CNC Machine 3 Axis Pcb Milling Machine|Wood Routers| - AliExpress

I have an almost one-off need for some small items and wonder whether it might do the job? My knowledge of CNC is less than minimal but I'd be willing it to give it a punt for the relatively low cost

All comments/thoughts appreciated
A friend sent me a link to a Chinese cheapo recently, I was tempted but went into independent reviews & so didn't bother, I don't know enough about them to take a chance. I think you're wise to spend a little more with amazon incase of problems. Sure we'll all be interested to hear about your machines performance. Enjoy your new toy!

Will be very interesting to hear how you get on with it, especially the software side of things. Do you already have a drawing package it is compatible with?

I've been rearching various software progs - although the machine, apparently, has the basics packaged with it for simple stuff and some samples/examples that can be tweaked. The immediate job is a load of identical "plaques" with just some text. After that, who knows?

Quite a lot of YouTube stuff that uses various free and low-ish cost progs. I've just installed Carbide Create which seems the prog of choice for quite a few people.

If you have a 3D printer you could have a look at these: Specifications | V1 Engineering Inc
Although they are not as small as the ones you asked about, they can be scaled in size.
They are a low cost option in dabbling into the work of CNC.
I cannot vouch for the performance as I am only part way through building one, but there is is a good support from the designer and other makers.

Quite a lot of YouTube stuff that uses various free and low-ish cost progs. I've just installed Carbide Create which seems the prog of choice for quite a few people.
Thanks! I would get one of these if the software was good and reliable and relatively easy to use. Just installed Carbide create. it imports Inkscape SVG's. It looks fairly easy to use.

Back