Milwaukee parts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vormulac

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying the Milwaukee 18V drill and impact driver and evaluating all the options, one of which is buying from the US where they're a fraction of the price. Does anyone know if the US chargers are multi-voltage and would work over here? Also, are the fittings on the tools/batteries the same as the ones on UK versions? The part numbers for the US and UK versions are not only different but completely different formats!

Cheers!

I imported the v28 set some years ago when the exchange rate was a bit more favorable. What I purchased certainly had different code numbers and information to the uk ones. However only the charger seemed to be different in practise and I fairly sure I could have stuck a 110v plug on it and it would have been fine. Instead I got a Usa to Uk transformer from maplin.
At the end of the day you could just import any parts you need from the USA.

I have a makita 110 charger from the usa as i bought a 7 piece kit on ebay from there. They are only 110 though and got a charger off ebay here in the uk. You could probably find a Milwaukee one on ebay here as well and still be ahead price wise.

I think milwaukee are the same as AEG tools so maybe worth having a look if the AEG parts / Charger can be used.

Back