Millionaire Day 2004 insert in GWW

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Did anybody else get the insert for the so called Millionaire Day 2004 competition in the 150th issue of GWW

I'm just wondering if it was an insert by GWW, distributer or newsagent.

It's one of these - tear open to see if your a winner and phone to see what you've won (calls at £1.50 per min) rip offs

(I would like to point out it's nothing to do with GWW. Run by a company called Creative Services- what a clever name. Reminds me of the Egg advert on the TV at the moment)

Hi,

Dont remember one, although I subscribe rather than buy off the shelf so it may be different. Did have alot of inserts of book clubs which I usually think are one of the more worthwhile forms of inserts!

Steve.

I got a few book club inserts as well, StevieB, I don't mind those or any other "interesting" ones, but, questionable competitions I feel are really a waste of good timber :D

I've taken to emptying the flyers in any magazine whilst still in the shop. It annoys me when they drop out whilst you are reading.

Adam

So many people take the inserts out whilst still in the shop that I've noticed some shops now have a bin strategically placed so that shoppers can do this!
I'm sure most people (me included!) just chuck these inserts away without even looking at them; why advertisers bother with them is a mystery to me.

Meanwhile, we're working on a new ad at the moment and are trying to work football into it somehow. (Well everyone else is doing it so there must be something in it!)

Adam

I'd never thought of that, excellent idea :D

Terry

My Sky magazine seems to come with more inserts than pages in the magazine.

Are goal posts still made of wood these days :?

Are goal posts still made of wood these days
Dunno, but there's plenty of pairs of thick short planks in the england team, Rooney must be a tree's worth on his own.

Jake

Have you heard that the England team have been banned from owning dogs?

The reason given is that they are unable to hold onto a lead...

Don't knock those Millionaire whatsits too much. You may not want them (I certainly ignore them!) but they keep magazines afloat without taking up too much (if any) valuable page space. It's a sad reflection but we have to make money to produce a magazine, and at present unfortunately many ww advertisers are feeling the pinch. So, any money is better than no money – well almost :?

Regards inserts in general, some are (shock horror) actually of interest. Every few months these might include useful stuff like the new Stobart catalogue of ww books, or the latest Rutlands book. Sad if these all end up on the mag shop floor.

OK, if it's a brochure I have to admit I do keep it to look at, e.g. Brimarc, Rutlands etc. Just the other dross goes on the floor.

Adam

ok, I suppose a positive slant is all the inserts help keep the cover price from rising... I'm all for that :D

Talking of the Brimarc brochure/leaflet have a look at the small print (terms and conditions) on the back page... somebody has a good sense of humour

Latest posts

Back