Million dollar question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about you drill 19mm Holes and turn some 19mm dogs thats square at the top but round to fit in the hole then also have some 19mm 100% round. Best of both worlds.

On the same note if you had a row of square holes them half round half square turned dogs will also fit in the square holes if you make them to that size so you then also able to use round dogs in the square holes.

Or stick your 19mm or 3/4" dowel in a hole in a square piece of wood and behold, one larger square top to your round dog.

Honestly, like most things workbench as far as I can see, you tend to get used to what you have so I wouldn't sweat it. Talking of being so used to stuff, I'm so used to using dogs with ball catches it never even occurred to me that it was a matter for remark. Old news - or so I thought. Heigh ho.

noddy67":cf1pzae5 said:
Bugbear is that photo of the planing stop on your own bench? If so please post a few more pics or put the link up so I can admire it. Looks stunning.

No, just the result of a GIS, for expository purposes.

BugBear

Back